Cowboy Cookies


Last winter I was browsing through one of my many cooking magazines and on the last page of one of them, I found a recipe for Cowboy Cookies by Martha Stewart. I went searching for the magazine last week but given the large number of back issues of cooking magazines I couldn't find it. Actually, let me admit that I didn't have the slightest idea which magazine had the recipe. Thank goodness for the internet. I had the recipe in less than a minute! It is posted on her website.


Cowboy Cookies

Makes about 5 dozen

Vegetable oil cooking spray
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into 1/4-inch chunks (1 cup)
3 ounces (3/4 cup) pecan halves
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray, line with parchment, and spray parchment. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl.

Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on medium-high until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.

Reduce speed to low, and slowly add flour mixture, beating until just incorporated. Beat in oats, chocolate, pecans, and coconut until combined. (Dough can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.)

Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop or a small spoon, drop dough onto baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.

Bake until edges of cookies begin to brown, 11 to 13 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to wire rack, and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks. Let cool. (Cookies can be stored up to 3 days.)

PRINTABLE RECIPE

These cookies have the best of everything! Oatmeal, nuts, coconut, chocolate! They are moist and chock-full of flavor! If you are looking for a great, quick and easy cookie recipe, this is it!

Comments

  1. Those look amazing Kate !
    I left you a comment under the comment you left me on my blog regarding pasta.........
    Hugs........ !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my blog, Kate. Am so glad you did, cos here I am now! :) Am fascinated by your Cowboy Cookies ... oatmeal, nuts, coconut, chocolates? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girl can never have too many cookie recipes!!!I think this one is a keeper Kate, thanks, xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wouldn't mind having a cowboy cookie, no ma'am. but you know what i'd prefer? a cowboy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one Grace...I will keep on the lookout and send one your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (The above post was removed by me because it was too confusing to have two Kate posts from different Kates. So I changed my name slightly and now I'm BAAACK!)

    Any time you've got butter, brown sugar, pecans, oats, coconut and CHOCOLATE you've got my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love an oatmeal cookie with lots of yummy stuff added, especially the coconut and pecans. These cookies look delish, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are indeed excellent cookies. I forgot all about them! One Christmas, I gave these away as cookies in a jar. Guess I'll have to make these again! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kate..I just recently found a similar link on Bakerella,w/ little tags..Your cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monique, I saw those also. Bakerella's idea was really great. I loved the pink M & Ms and the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cookies look and sound wonderful! Wonder why they're called Cowboy Cookies?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts