Parmesan Potato Rounds

As I was debating about what to do with a potato for dinner tonight, a memory came flashing forward...it was really a flash from the past...Parmesan Potato Rounds!  I hadn't made them for ages and they were going to be perfect with dinner!!

The recipe comes from an Oregon Cookbook...the centennial edition of Flavor of Florence.  On the inside I saw the date...August 1993!  I usually buy a cookbook when traveling and those of you who have followed the blog for a few years know that we love to go to Oregon as often as possible.

The potatoes are so simple to prepare....quick and easy exactly what I needed....so without further adieu, I present the Parmesan Potato Rounds!


Parmesan Potato Rounds
Flavor of Florence

Yield:  6 servings

1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
6 medium potatoes, scrubbed, sliced into rounds 1/2-inch thick
Italian seasoning to taste

Preheat the oven to 375° F.

Pour the melted butter into a large baking dish. Large enough so that the potato slices can lay in a single layer.

In a plastic bag, combine the flour, cheese, salt and pepper.  Shake a few potato slices at a time in the bag to coat them with the flour mixture.  Place the potatoes in a single layer over the butter.

Bake for 30 minutes.  Turn the slices and sprinkle Italian seasoning .  Bake the potatoes for another 30 minutes or until tender.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


I am sharing today at Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen's Country Cottage and Foodie Friday hosted by Michael at Rattlebridge Farm.

Comments

  1. A winner I'm sure! Nice and easy too. Happy Easter Week Kate:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These potatoes would be a welcome addition to my table any night.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love potatoes and I love quick and easy .... this sounds like all of the above. I love how pretty the potatoes turn out too. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been playing with potatoes too:)
    These look great..happy easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound delicious Kathy - I enjoy potato dishes like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good potato recipe! These sound simple to serve and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a recipe I'm going to try this week! It sounds delicious and easy, too! Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Have a good week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts