Sesame Green Beans



I knew I would love these beans the moment I read the recipe.....and, I was right!  The only problem was I didn't make enough to have leftovers....  These were so good that I am making them again tonight.

Sesame Green Beans
adapted from Fine Cooking #107

Yield: 4 servings

1 lb green beans, trimmed
2 tsp canola oil
1 tsp Asian sesame oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbs toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
Lemon quarters for garnish

In a lare bowl, toss the green beans with the canola and sesame oils.  Arrange the beans on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil and coated with baking spray.  Season with salt and pepper.

Broil the green beans for 3 minutes.  Stir.  Continue to broil for another 2- 3 minutes until the beans are crisp-tender.   Toss the green beans with the sesame seeds and lemon juice. Then place the beans in a bowl to serve.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


Comments

  1. Bookmarked! They sound great and will be on the Sunday dinner menu soon-thanks:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, we adore Asian sesame oil. I am never without a bottle and use it frequently. What a lovely dish. Like Lynn, I will be trying this soon, maybe tonight.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I love green beans prepared like this! Simple, healthy and tasty too... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love these Kate..the only differences ..I add soya sauce and ginger..I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a kinda/sorta similar recipe (mine adds a little brown sugar and low-sodium soy) but this one sounds simpler and a lot healthier. I happen to have all the ingredients on hand, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could probably eat my weight in these, they sound wonderful - and addictive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts